Research, innovation and training are the foundations on which Index has concentrated its efforts since the beginning of its business.
Established in 1978, Index soon became one of the most important companies in the world for the production of technologically advanced waterproofing materials destined for the protection of residential, commercial, industrial buildings, major works and civil engineering. In the early 1990s, the company branched out its production, introducing new systems and products into the market.
Index is present throughout all the Italian regions and abroad with branches in Great Britain and France and over 100 distributors in the main countries of the five continents. It cooperates with a company called BITEC in America and with a company called UBE in Japan. Through its engineering division Index has sold production lines and Know-How in the United States of America, Japan and China.
Index is structured around five divisions that manufacture advanced systems and materials for the building market:
• 1st Division. Waterproofing membranes, special, special multifunctional and for the protection of man and environment. Super-adhesive waterproofing membranes: self-adhesive, self-heat-adhesive and heat-adhesive. Waterproofing and transpiring under-tile sheets. Canadian-style bituminous shingles.
• 2nd Division. Thermal insulation, in rolls and panels, coupled with waterproofing membranes. Thermal insulation panels. Acoustic and thermal insulation materials for floorings, walls, ceilings and roofs.
• 3rd Division. Liquid products for refurbishing asbestos cement sheeting, primers, waterproofing liquids, paints, mastics for insulation panels and sealants.
• 4th Division. Damp-proofing renders, finishing coats restoration and renewal of historical and modern buildings. Waterproofing cements, controlled-shrinkage mortars and protective materials for concrete and masonry.
• 5th Division. Products for laying ceramic tiles, natural and composite stones, mosaics and wood.